13 September 2009

Finished Sleep Pillow

Hello!
At last the sleep pillow is finished.The owl is from a Jenny Hart design, embroidered onto linen. Now that I've mastered stem stitch, I'm going to use that for future outlining; I think it looks neater. I have a growing collection of Jenny's patterns that I'm looking forward to stitching!
I made a small pillow case from a blue patterned patchwork cotton and sewed the embroidery to the front.
Inside the pillow case is a muslin pillow filled with a half and half mixture of dried hops and lavender, both renowned to aid sleep.
                                                                                                                                                                   
I decided to make the pillow case separately (rather then stuffing it) so that it is washable and the filling can  be changed easily. I'm gong to make a few more to give as gifts.  

1 comment: